Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Rest In Peace, Marilyn Burns


The horror community has lost a beloved icon. Marilyn Burns, who we all know and love as the final girl from The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Sally Hardesty, passed away in her home on Tuesday, at the young age of 65. Burns also starred in Tobe Hooper's 1977 film Eaten Alive, and did a surprising and awesome cameo in 2013's Texas Chainsaw 3D.
 
I wish I could say that I had the pleasure of meeting her at a convention, but when I had the chance, I didn't take advantage of the opportunity. She was at Texas Frightmare Weekend in 2013, and I could tell how excited hardcore fans were that she was there. I stopped once to take the picture shown below and watch her interact with a fan, and she was incredibly kind, sweet, and gracious, always with a big smile.
 
Your impact was great and you will never be forgotten. Rest in peace, Marilyn.
 

3 comments:

  1. That's a bummer, for sure. But thanks to the magic of cinema, she'll be forever young, helping people freak the hell out for who knows how many years to come. And that's a pretty good fate, even if she did reach it too early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check this out! Someone is trying to create an homage video for her! Pretty cool.

    https://www.tilt.com/campaigns/marilyn-burns-scream-queen-homage-video

    ReplyDelete