Monday, January 5, 2015

Some Stuff I've Been Writing at WickedHorror.com

It's been a bit difficult juggling my writing duties for Wicked Horror and my blog lately! Even though I've noticed the lack of interest in my blog over the last few months, I'm still going to keep trucking and try to make it something that you all will want to read again.

All of the writers at Wicked Horror are putting out some great articles every week, and it has given me the opportunity (and the challenge) of coming up with and writing about topics that are not just straightforward reviews, although I have done a few of those over there. So for anyone that might be interested, here are some links to the articles I've published at Wicked Horror!

Noteworthy Performances in Horror: Piper Laurie in Carrie - AHHHHOHMYGOD Piper Laurie is the best ever! I have two favorite all-time performances in film - Robert Mitchum in Cape Fear, and Piper Laurie in Carrie. In this article, I finally get to show my love for this deserving lady!

How Final Destination 2 Outdid the Original in Almost Every Way - Oh yeah, sometimes sequels are BETTER than the originals. I said it. FD2 is a great example of this.

Defining the Creature Feature and Its Importance to the Horror Genre - This is something that's been banging around in my head for a long time and I love the way the article turned out.

Why Hostel Part II is More Appealing to Female Horror Fans Than the Original - This was going to just be an article on how Hostel Part II is better than the original (like the FD2 piece) but I discovered while writing that the real reason I liked the film more was because it was more appealing to me as a female horror fan.

Noteworthy Heroines of Horror: Kyle from Child's Play 2 - The new recurring feature I'm working on, highlighting some of my favorite horror heroines - those that are usually forgotten or otherwise unsung.

8 comments:

  1. I love your stuff. Keep up with the blog and I'll be sure to follow your other writing duties too. You're awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And I really appreciate the support.
      BTW, your review of Why Don't You Play in Hell makes me really, really want to see it!

      Delete
    2. It's a tricky one to recommend. I thoroughly urge you to check it out as much as I suggest you never go anywhere near it lol. I found it ludicrous and funny but it's so messed up.

      Delete
    3. I misread that as Where The Dead Go To Die...

      Definitely watch Why Don't You Play In Hell. It's like Son of Rambo meets Kill Bill

      Delete
  2. hang in there dear Lady....
    and a great new year to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do great work, Michele! I'm thrilled to be a long-time reader of your blog here, and even more thrilled to be on the Wicked Horror team with you. Keep it up!

    --J/Metro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jonny! I didn't mean to sound like a pity party so now I feel kind of douchey....
      We're going to make Wicked Horror awesome!! You keep it up, too, my friend!!

      Delete