Thursday, October 18, 2012

Coming Soon! The Classic Monster Movie Marathon!

I totally thought of something special to do for the Halloween season on this here oft-neglected blog. A marathon of reviews of the classics of the classics (that's not a typo), all those Universal-type monster movies from the 1930s to 1950s that have helped shape some of the horror movies we have today. I've always wanted to see them but never made the effort to go and seek them out. The very reliable Netflix has solved that problem for me, however, so now I have no excuse to not see them, do I?

Anyways, here's a look-ahead at some of the movies that I'm planning to do for the Classic Monster Movie Marathon:

Dracula (1931)


Frankenstein (1931)


The Mummy (1932)


Freaks (1932)


The Invisible Man (1933)


The Wolf Man (1941)


Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954)


The Fly (1958)


I might be adding some more movies... or taking some away, in the likely event that I get lazy. I've actually already seen Dracula and Frankenstein, but that was years ago, and I really liked them - hopefully I'll feel the same about the others.

Any movies I might've missed that you guys think should be here? Should I include Phantom of the Opera? Is he considered a classic "monster" or no? 

Okay, this should be fun! I'm gonna go get started right now!


7 comments:

  1. You should add the Bride of Frankenstein. I have the Frankenstein legacy collection. I love those movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted to stay away from any of the sequels to these movies because there are SO MANY, but I just might add Bride of Frankenstein because I've always wanted to see it!

      Delete
    2. You definitely need to watch it. It is even better than the original, in my opinion. Which is saying a lot. That bride is just as iconic as the monster.

      Delete
  2. Great choices! Good on ya, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Craig! Hope you'll stick around for the reviews, I'd love to hear what you think!

      Delete
    2. Hopefully by the time the second one posts I'll have learned how to spell your name! ;)

      Delete
  3. When it comes to classic monsters, I'm extremely lame. I've seen Frankenstein, The Fly and Freaks long ago. The rest... I admit, I haven't seen any of them :-(

    Enjoy your marathon, Michele! Oh, and yeah, add the Phantom! It definitely belongs to the classics.

    ReplyDelete